- Japanese language support for Siri (availability may be limited during initial rollout)
- Photos can now be deleted from Photo Stream
- Camera shortcut now always visible on Lock Screen for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch (4th generation)
- Camera face detection now highlights all detected faces
- Redesigned Camera app for iPad
- Genius Mixes and Genius playlists for iTunes Match subscribers
- Audio for TV programs and films on iPad optimized to sound louder and clearer
- Podcast controls for playback speed and a 30-second rewind for iPad
- Addresses bugs affecting battery life
- Fixes and issue that occasionally caused audio to drop for outgoing calls
Apple users can download iOS 5.1 setups files from the following official mirrors.
- iOS 5.1 for iPhone 4S
- iOS 5.1 for iPhone 4 (GSM or CDMA)
- iOS 5.1 for iPhone 3GS
- iOS 5.1 for iPad 2 (Wi-Fi, GSM, or CDMA)
- iOS 5.1 for iPad
- iOS 5.1 for iPod Touch (4th Gen. or 3rd Gen.)
Apple users can also download and install iOS 5.1 from their devices via Over-the-Air. The over-the-air update weighs in at roughly 189 MB.
Follow the following simple steps to update iOS 5.1 without plugging your iOS device with any cable.
- Make sure your iOS device has at least 50% charge
- Connect to WiFi (You can't download this over 3G, sorry)
- Navigate to Settings -> General -> Software Update
- Wait for the fetch to complete and you should see the right image
- Click installs update and wait for it to download
- Your iPhone will automatically restart and apply the firmware. This takes around ten minutes.
- Your iPhone will reboot and appear to be applying again, this will take around five minutes.
- The update is complete! Easy!
Category: Apple, Apple Store, AppStore, iCloud, iOS, iOS 5.1, iOS 5.1 Tutorial, iOS 5.1 Upgrade Tutorial, iPad, iPad Apps, iPhone, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone Apps, iPhone OS, iPod, iTunes, Mac OS X, Software