If you are an Internet Marketer, then here's a comparison and difference between SEO and PPC. Find out most effective Search Engine Marketing strategy i.e. Organic Search vs. Paid Search?
What Is an Organic Search?
When you use a search engine to search a listing of website, this is an organic search. The search engine uses special programing to match the string of keywords you typed to websites containing the same keywords.
Marketers and website developers use a technique called search engine optimization (SEO) to rank higher on organic searches. Most desire to be first page ranking to get more visitors per day. More than just the first page ranking, they want to be in the top 3 listings for the specific keyword.
Benefits of Organic Search
- Rankings: As your website increases in the rankings, it is likely to say higher. Your website will gain some authority, and the search engines will trust the content of your website.
- Credibility: First page ranking comes with a sense of trust and credibility. Viewers believe the top listed websites on search engines contain content and information of value, not fluff. High rankings imply authority and leadership. Visitors are likely to spend more time on your website.
- Click through Rates: You want visitors to your website, but more importantly, you want visitors to stay on your site. Ideally, they will not just click on a product, purchase, and leave. They will click through the different options available and browse.
Paid search results are similar to advertisements. Usually, they are called pay-per-click (PPC). You may notice advertisements on the side of your favorite website or blogs. Businesses pay to have these ads located on websites that may draw them new clients.
These also can pop up when entering a search with certain keywords. Businesses have to pay to have their ads displayed; the placement is determined by quality score. Essentially, paid searches are like a form of internet marketing. They are buying visits to their website instead of earning them.
Benefits of Paid Search
- Time: Organic search rankings take a lot of time. On the other hand, paid search can give you top rankings as soon as you pay for the ad. This gives you instant gratification and results.
- Specific Audience: These campaigns are designed to reach a certain audience. It can target a certain gender, educational level, geographical location, and more. This makes gaining new clients easier.
- Click through Rates: PPC advertisements gain more click through rates than organic search. This is because the searches usually have an intent to purchase and target specific products.
On average, 77% of searchers select organic over paid listings. One of the reasons is trust. PPC advertisements don’t denote trustworthy companies in the eyes of searchers. They place more trust in organic search results.
One of the benefits of a paid search is the product will result first page results immediately. You are likely to get sales because the searchers are ready to purchase right then. A great thing to try is to pair organic and paid searches together. You are likely to get more clicks when a paid search accompanies an organic search.
Organic results are a clear winners; one article says that organic results are 8.5 times more likely to be clicked than paid search results. This tends to be because searchers understand first page rankings mean the content and quality of the website is respected.
PPC ads are beneficial to get your name out there quickly, such as when first opening your website. Another time is a great idea is when offering a time sensitive sale.
However, it is important to gain trust and authority with organic searches. To gain the online traffic and authority status, taking the time to generate content for your website is worth the benefits.