One of the best features that this release of Android has is that it allows users to turn off app notifications. In previous versions, the constant notifications from open apps interfered with the experience of using the phone and drove many users away from Android. Another annoying feature is that many apps have ads that are loaded at unpredictable intervals that interfere with using the app. Jelly Bean offers Android users the ability to even turn off these notifications.
- Open Menu, and go to Settings
- Under the Settings menu list, click on Applications
- A list of applications installed will be provided. Choose the application for which you would like to turn notifications off by tapping on it.
- A screen showing Application info will be displayed. You will see two buttons that allow you to either Force Stop the application or Uninstall the application. Below, you will see check box with the command “Show notifications”
- Uncheck the Show Notifications by tapping on the tick mark.
- You will see a warning window pop-up with the following message “If you turn off notifications for this app, you may miss important alerts and updates.” The options below will be Cancel and OK. Tap on OK to turn off these notifications
- Now notifications from this particular app will not appear in the top drop down notification.
Category: Android, Android 4.0, Android 4.1, Android App, Android Application, Android Apps, Google, Google I/O Conference 2012, Google IO Conference, Google Nexus 7, Jellybean, Mobile, Smartphones, Tablets