Downgrade from iOS 5.1 Software to iOS 5.0.1/5.0/4.3.3/4.3.5 for iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad 2, iPad, iPod Touch 4G & 3G
We have divided this iPhone, iPad or iPod touch software downgrade tutorial into two parts, the first part is for non-A5 Apple devices like (iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad 1, iPod Touch 4G, 3G), the second part is for A5 Apple devices like (iPad 2 and iPhone 4S).
- Downgrade from iOS 5.1 to 5.0.1 / 5.0 can only be held via custom firmware only.
- Downgrade from iOS 5.1 to 4.3.5 / 4.3.4 / 4.3.3 / 4.x can be held via stock firmware.
- You MUST have saved SHSH blobs for the firmware you downgrading to.
- iPhone 4S can’t be downgraded from 5.1 to 5.0.1 / 5.0 even you have the save SHSH blobs for them, here’s what iPhone Dev-team said in their blog:
If you have an iPhone 4S, the basic rule above is really the only rule: you cannot restore back to 5.0.1 once the 5.0.1 signing window is closed, no matter what (even if you saved your SHSH blobs).
- iPad 2 can’t be downgraded from 5.1 to 5.0.1 / 5.0 even you have saved SHSH blobs for them. iPad 2 users can only downgrade from 5.1 to 4.x (4.3.5, 4.3.4, 4.3.3 … etc) in case you have saved SHSH blobs for the firmware you downgrading to.
If you have an iPad2 with saved 4.x hashes, you can in fact downgrade to that 4.x but you won’t be able to get to 5.0.1 once the 5.0.1 signing window is closed (even if you saved your 5.0.1 SHSH blobs).How to Downgrade Software from iOS 5.1 to 5.0.1 / 5.0 for iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad 1, iPod touch 4G, 3G?
- Saved SHSH blobs for the firmware you download to (5.0.1 / 5.0).
- Download iFaith for Windows.
- Download iTunes – Windows / Mac.
- Download iOS 5.0.1 or iOS 5.0 for your iDevice.
Step 1: Run iFaith, and choose “Build *signed* IPSW w/Blobs” > “Build IPSW”
Step 2: Now browse the saved SHSH blobs file for iOS 5.0.1 / 5.0.
Step 3: Now browse for the ipsw file of iOS 5.0.1 / 5.0
Step 4: iFaith will cook the custom firmware of 5.0.1 / 5.0 with SHSH blobs.
Step 5: Now from iFaith choose “Use DFU Pwner (iREB)”
Step 6: Finally open iTunes and restore your iDevice to the new custom firmware. Congratulations!!.
How to Downgrade Software from iOS 5.1 to 4.3.5 / 4.3.4 / 4.3.3 / 4.xx for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad 2, iPad 1, iPod touch 4G, iPod 3G?
- Saved SHSH blobs for the firmware you gonna downgrade to (4.3.3 / 4.3.5 / 4.3.4 / 4.xx etc).
- Download Redsn0w – Windows / Mac.
- Download iOS 4.3.5 / 4.3.4 / 4.3.3 (Download only the firmware you gonna downgrade to).
- Download iTunes – Windows / Mac.
- Download TinyUmbrella – Windows / Mac.
Step 1: Once you’ve downloaded the required IPSW file, its time you put your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch into DFU mode. Open Redsn0w > Extras > Pwned DFU.
Step 2: Here comes the tricky and the most important part, you’re going to fool iTunes into thinking that its in contact with Apple’s servers, whereas we’re going to change that to Saurik’s server. In order to do this, follow the steps given below:
For Windows Users:
Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\ and locate the file named as “hosts”.
For Mac Users:
Mac users can access the “hosts” file by navigating to “/etc/” folder, which can be found through Go > Go to Folder from within Finder.
If you’re on Windows, then open the “hosts” file in Notepad. If on a Mac, then open the “hosts” file in TextEdit, and add the following line at the end:
126.96.36.199 gs.apple.comStep 3: Launch iTunes, the select your devices from the left sidebar, then Hold down Shift (Win) or Alt (OS X), click Restore then refer iTunes to iOS 4.3.3 / 4.3.5 / 4.0.0 (Firmware you gonna downgrade to)
Step 4: In some cases, iTunes will throw 1013 error, ignore it, its perfectly normal when downgrading. At this point, your device will be in Recovery Mode with your desired version of iOS fully installed.
Step 5: You should see a screen like this (recovery mode loop). Simply open TinyUmbrella to kick your device out of recovery mode. Congratulations!!.
Video Tutorial to Downgrade from iOS 5.1 Software to iOS 5.0.1/5.0/4.3.3/4.3.5 for iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad 2, iPad, iPod Touch 4G & 3G
iOS 5.1 Downgrade Video for Windows Users:
iOS 5.1 Downgrade Video for Mac Users:
BEWARE: The above Content and Tutorial was provided by greenpois0n and we at TechGlobeX don’t support or promote piracy in anyway. This article is purely for informational purposes only. Downloading and installing cracked apps are illegal. The whole purpose behind above tutorial and guidelines is for Error Testing while upgrading or updating Apple iOS devices software.
Related Topics: Apple, Downgrade iOS 5.1, greenpois0n, Hacking, iOS 5, iOS 5.1, iOS 5.1 Downgrade Tutorial, iOS 5.1 Tutorial, iOS 5 Tutorial, iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod, Jailbreak, Jailbroken