Before installing this operating system on your computer
, you should make sure that your computer meets the following basic requirements:
* Processor: 1 Ghz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64)
* RAM: 1 GB (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
* Available Hard Disk Space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
* Graphics Device: DirectX 9 with WDDM 1.0 or a higher driver
If your computer meets the aforementioned requirements then you can go ahead and install Windows 7 on your computer.
* Shutting-it-down:The proper system configuration is a necessity for the speedy functioning of the system, but again it is not the only factor effecting the computer’s performance. The system tends to slow down even if used over a prolonged period of time. As such, you should make sure that you give your computer a bit of “rest” at least once every week and completely shut it down.
* Periodically delete the temporary files from your PC: This helps the applications to run faster on your system. For this type %Temp% in the run dialog box and press “OK”. A new folder will open up with the name “Temp” on the top menu bar. Here click Edit–>Select All and then File–>Delete.
* Perform a scandisk: This test checks if your drive is in a healthy condition and also helps your computer run faster.
* Defragment the drives:Even though Windows 7 is said to be the smarter and more efficient OS, it still suffers from disk fragmentation when involving allocation of free space to files on a magnetic disk. Consequently, more time is spent when inputting/outputting the files when the disk is highly fragmented. Thus, a regular disk defragmentation is necessary.To defragment the disk goto Start–>All Programs–>Accessories–>System Tools–>Disk Defragmenter. Here, you can select the volume to be defragmented and the click “Analyze” and then “Defragment” to begin the disk defragmentation.You can select to defragment the volume one by one or all at once.